Sunday, October 2, 2011

Oh to be together again...

Our family get-togethers have been lacking, but hopefully they will happen more regularly now that Maegan has moved to Tucson! Wesley is still in L.A. and Garrett is finishing up his last year in Idaho, but by some miracle we all ended up together for Memorial Day weekend and it was nice to have the old crew back together.

We may not have had any crazy competitions, but this event was enough to bring about the question "Why do we we do the things we do?"

As usual, Garrett and my dad were the initiators of this terrible idea: Hiking from the top of Mt. Lemmon to Catalina State Park (about a 13 mile hike) in 100 degree weather.

The real question though is how did they get 5 other people to join them?!?  Alright, I will admit that I was a little bummed when my dad ruled out the option of me joining them (being pregnant and all), so I can't judge too harshly.

The hike took them 9 hours to get to the bottom and from what I hear it started off beautifully in the cool and green mountain...



They even took time to stop and appreciate the natural wildlife...

 They had so much energy at this point, Wes and Garrett took a break to poke each other with sticks and wrestle in the rocks and dirt

Garrett just needing to expend some more of his energy that he still had at this point

Then the realization set in that they were actually getting tired and only a few miles in with hours left to go...

The face of the hopeless...
I'm tired just looking at my dad and he is still in the green part of the mountain!

Well they didn't die...and they accomplished more than most can say.  
Way to represent the Bedford, Hanks, Winfield, Rapier names =)


After 9 hours of hiking, they all look pretty dang good I'd say.

Oh sleepy Sundays...



 Can't get the fam together without taking some family pictures...




 

 And it can't be a true Bedford get-together if this doesn't happen at least once...Yes we all agreed that the fish hook and biting of the arm were cheap shots, but Wes plays by his own rules apparently


Family pics with Mom-a-dom

This picture explains so much...







...I do not know why we do the things we do...

No comments:

Post a Comment