Carlie: "Hey Family...just thought I'd get it over with and share with you all the kind of exciting news that I'm pregnant!! Surprise for us but it's meant to be I guess =)"
Mom: "You dog! You got me bad! I just remembered it's April fools. Good one."
Dad: "That is so weird, Marlene is too"
Wesley: "Hey family thought I would share, I don't have cancer, I'm pregnant too"
Kade: "Ha good one Wes. On an unrelated note, I actually hate Frodo and have renounced my love of Lord of the Rings. It's a sensitive subject though, so I don't want to talk about it."
Wes: "Me too. Frodo is too pompous."
Mom: "The truth is I'm the one with cancer."
Garrett: "Hey I'm getting married and actually mom is pregnant."
Dad: "I told Marlene that our neighbors monkey got loose and is in the big tree behind our house. She is outside looking for it."
Wesley: "Kristen and I are moving back to AZ, and Ed and I are now friends on Facebook."
Maegan: "In the E.R. with 2 kid concussions. Em & Aaron on the trampoline collided head first. Ems blacked out for 5ish mins & so we'll be here at least 4 hours."
Carlie: "Out of all the texts...Yours is the only one that I'm questioning and not sure if I can laugh at. Haha? Or that totally sucks."
Mom (wanted to send, but didn't have her glasses to text): "I actually married Ed already, renounced my love for What About Bob, and Tatum is pregnant"
Garrett: "Last night I put peanut butter on the toilet seat. This morning I knew my roommate Jace would try to do something to me while I took a shower. When he came in to dump cold water on me I had a bucket of water that I poured on him."
Dad: "Marlene called her mom about my April Fool's joke and her mom keeps asking what kind of monkey it is."
Carlie: "Hahaha. A lot of big news today."
...I do not know why we do the things we do...
First thing this morning I flipped the calendar page and announced, "Oh it's April Fools!" with everyone standing around. I thought that meant I lost all my chances to trick anyone.
ReplyDeleteLast night I left my phone in the car. Around noon I got it out and saw everyone's funny April fools' texts from the morning. Mom came by and visited from like 12-12:30.
So I schemed with my girls and at 12:45 I wrote my text about 2 kid concussions. Carlie and Dad wrote back wrote back right away and asked if we were all laughing or if I was having a crappy day. I sent them the real pics of what we were up too. I didn't hear back from Bry, Gar, Mom or Wes so I figured they all got it.
Oops- Bryan got tricked. He was at a woodshop class all day and freaked out when he saw the text 2 hours later by calling me-lots. When couldn't reach me he called mom.
Oops- mom got tricked. She was driving (away from my house) when she got the text but didn't read it then b/c she didn't have her reading glasses. So when Bryan called, she read her text & she freaked out.
Bryan called me again and I answered and we got it all straightened out. He was mostly mad but somewhat okay b/c I thought it was obvious I would have called him if that was really going on, not just a text. Then Mom called and we got it all straightened out. She realized later that it couldn't have been real b/c of the timing of the text.
It was my all time best April Fools trick ever and I didn't think I had a shot at tricking anyone since I blew it first thing. And I don't think I got tricked either. HA!