Thursday, November 14, 2013

Twins' Baby Blessing Suggestions

Here is our family's email correspondence in regards to Audrey and Finn's baby blessings...

Dad:
After the blessing you hold up the kid over your head and everyone in the circle should kneel down, we will then rise at the same time and follow you out in a line waving arms back and forth while holding a handkerchief (hosanna shout type thing), organ music should be playing throughout the blessing (starting very low and then with a crescendo after the amen)  You might want to consider adding several names to the blessing just for effect or is it affect.  Names from around the world to signify the kid is a child of the universe. (kumba matata, wishing star, and carl or frank).   Your child should be dressed in some type of skin, preferably some type of cat, since its getting late a cow hide that is dyed like a leopard will work.  An after dinner ceremonial meal is equally important.  Marlene said she will be making blood sausage.  more on this later.

You have a lot to do so you better get busy.  Please review Lion King before the blessing for additional ideas.    There is that part when they are holding the baby lion up near a mountain cliff and they say something very inspirational. Good Luck

Maegan:
I will bring the lamb meat for the meal following such a special event.  After that we will dip the babies into goat's milk and then all take a drink from the milk so the babies are a part of all of us.  I'd recommend a video camera with full battery power for this momentous day.

Carlie:
I will bring baby bottles (BPA free) filled with a super boost nutrient turbo formula including kale, chia seeds, hair from a foxes tail, and organic river fungus as a pre blessing pump up for the babies and Garrett. All who are standing in will also be required to sip from a communal crystal bowl filled with breast milk from all of the females in the family as a way to welcome the twins into the world. Maegan and mom you better start prepping.

Kade:
I'm sure I could get some placenta from Jessica.  How would you like it? Pill form, in brownies, or like a steak medium rare? Maybe we add this to the celebration feast although I think it only appropriate that we eat Kristen's placentas seeing as it is her babies that we are celebrating.  I know Wes was sure to get a hold of them and preserve them properly in his freezer. Wes I plan on being at the blessing and I think the best idea is to have a freestyle where whenever anyone has a good idea you pass the microphone so they can say it.  The longer the blessing the better and maybe you should try and set a record by taking all of sacrament meeting to bless your two little ones.  Essential promised blessings include:
1. riches greater than that of smaug the dragon
2. one ring to rule them all
3. athleticism and height....they will need extra blessings for the latter
4. that they end up looking like kristen
5. and finally you should throw in the phrases such as  "chosen one", "heir", "glory", "fiery darts", "millennium falcon", "reign", "voldemort", "celestial", "majestic", "supernal", "Narnia", etc.

Don't let me down...don't let any of us down.

Maegan:
Amen to the freestyle pass the microphone idea!!  I really think you could invite up anyone to partake in the blessing, that way everyone has their turn to say any happy things they want to bless the kids with.  I claim dibs on blessing "millenium falcon" to Aubrey and "supernal" to Finn.  On the drive over I think I'll practice my parts so I'll have it down pat by the time we are there. 
P.S. What time is church?
P.S.S. I have a recording device that is the size of a cell phone that we can bring if you do decide to record the blessings.  If you have objections, I'll just write notes of what is said.

Mom:
I've been musing over your suggestions and I have one very important one to add.  It's customary for the babies being blessed to wear white to represent their purity. However,  I feel it is important that everyone in the family wear white from head to toe to show our complete solidarity and love for Kristen, Wes, and their two sweet angels.  With all of us sitting on the front row, no one will doubt our love and unity as a family on this happy and blessed occasion.  I'm sure you'll all agree. Our motto:  "No black sheep."

 *Note:  Purchasing new clothes for the occasion may be necessary but costly.  Don't worry.  If you're on a tight budget (Carlie, Kade, Garrett), you may want to consider using the baptismal clothing they have on hand in the font area.  I hear the one-piece pantsuit is especially comfortable for long sacrament meetings, which is quite possible in this case.


...I do not know why we do the things we do...




No comments:

Post a Comment